As part of the opening of today’ Read-a-Thon, participants have been asked to complete the following survey:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Today, I am reading in Texas.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I don’t really have a Read-a-Thon stack so much as my TBR shelf. I’ll probably continue some books I’ve been working on, as well as pull something lighter from the shelf for the later hours. The books I’ve already started are The Fellowship: The Literary Lives of the Inklings and Jane Austen’s Persuasion.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I bought all sorts of goodies, for both today and for my paper writing which will be continuing for the next week or so. Mostly, I am excited about the Brie and crackers I bought yesterday.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am reading The Fellowship as a preparation for the C.S. Lewis conference that I am going to this summer!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This isn’t my first Read-a-Thon, though I didn’t get to participate in the last one. In fact, its been several years since the last time I participated. That said, I am participating with the full knowledge that I will still be leaving the books many times to do others things (gym time, laundry, paper writing, etc.) and that it is okay.
And now to the reading! Up first, a bit of The Fellowship and some breakfast.